Technical Project Management & Control
How a project is managed and controlled has a major impact on success. In order to ensure our customers’ success and minimize project risk, we believe in a highly disciplined approach to project management. Our Managing Consultants have years of experience in managing highly technical, highly complex projects with a track record of on time, on budget delivery. Almost no IT project goes completely as expected. In order to illuminate issues proactively so they can be dealt with early, we have developed the following approach to project management
- Our Managing Consultants have a high degree of technical acumen. Most have risen from the ranks of technical consulting and implementation, training on the concepts of project management. That way they can provide technical direction to a project as well as manage schedule, budget and cost.
- With technical backgrounds, Managing Consultants are more adept at understanding and resolving conflicting issues, cost/maintenance trade-offs as well as identifying project dependencies.
- We, just like our customers, hate surprises. Our aim with our approach is to avoid any surprises, such as when a requirement change early on in the project affects implementation cost. The time to raise and discuss that issue is at the time of the requirement change, not at the end of the project when budget has run out.
- Project budget variance: each week, our Managing Consultants are required to provide status reports that show:
- Each week, Managing Consultants will re-evaluate the project, assessing what has been done, and re-examining project goals and estimates. The result is being able to deal with project issues as early as possible, while they are still small and easily managed.