ServiceNow Plugin for Red Hat Ansible 2.0
IT Service Management Meets Cloud Automation
Enable DevOps by tightly integrating ServiceNow Service Catalog and Service Request with automated workload deployment. Auto deploy complex N-Tier apps and infrastructure while enabling total control and audibility over the entire life cycle, from request to tear down.
Zefflin’s ServiceNow Plugin for Red Hat Ansible provides automation of the application deployment process and/or the DevOps environment so you can provision applications faster and control the process through ServiceNow. The plugin tracks changes, updates the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and ensures complete ITIL-compliant audibility. The plugin helps IT operations easily map IT services to infrastructure for automatically deployed environments.
New Key Features of Zefflin's Plugin 2.0
Zefflin’s Plugin 2.0 provides new key features and benefits:
- Support for AWX. Now customers who use the open source version of Ansible can easily integrate into ServiceNow.
- Automated Catalog Variable Creation. Zefflin’s Plugin 2.0 reads the target Ansible playbook and automatically creates the input variables in the ServiceNow catalog entry. This exciting feature significantly reduces implementation time and maintenance effort. New playbooks can be onboarded in less time.
- Enhanced Update to Ansible Job Completion. Zefflin’s Plugin 2.0 extends the amount of information returned from an Ansible playbook and logged into the ServiceNow request. This enhancement dramatically improves the audit trail and provides a higher degree of process control.
What is Red Hat Ansible?
Ansible is a market-leading, simple, powerful, agent-less, versatile, open source tool that automates multi-platform cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration and many other IT processes. Designed for multi-tier deployments, Ansible models your IT infrastructure by reflecting how all of your systems interrelate rather than just managing one subsystem at a time.
Why Integrate ServiceNow and Ansible?
A service request process based on email and telephone follow up is inefficient, time consuming and not scalable. This manual process can't be measured or controlled.
Integrating ServiceNow ITSM with Ansible automated deployment enables a seamless, efficient, measurable, repeatable, auditable process.
How it Works
A developer selects a flavor of development environment from the ServiceNow Catalog approved list and the request is routed for approval in ServiceNow. ServiceNow Orchestration connects to Ansible and Ansible provisions the infrastructure on a cloud platform (i.e., AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMWare, bare metal) and deploys the application by:
- Provision compute resources with required OS and packages
- Allocate, format and mount storage
- Applying networking policies and configuration
- Provisioning the database
- Deploying the application and connecting the app to the database
- Installing monitoring agents and connecting the new app to the monitoring infrastructure.
Closed Loop Request to Automated Deployment
The ServiceNow Plugin for Ansible enables DevOps with ServiceNow integration by establishing:
- Standardized development architectures
- An effective routing approval process
- An ITIL-compliant audit framework
- Faster deployment
- An automated process that frees up your team to focus on other activities.