Why Automate Application Lifecycle?
This type of automation is being adopted widely. The reason is that it pays off in a big way.
Application automation ROI:
- Productivity - the same group can manage many more apps in a more complex cloud-based environment
- Agility - app dev groups can respond faster to business needs or market changes, enabled by improved application portability
- Speed - by enabling continuous integration and continuous delivery, application development cycles are accelerated because the time between code --> build --> test --> QA --> migrate to production is dramatically reduced
- Cost Reduction - by utilizing a hybrid cloud model and adopting modern DevOps practices, customers can reduce both infrastructure and application development costs
What if all of that could be done automatically?
Market Leading Software Tools
ServiceNow is a SaaS based IT Service Management tool that has captured a large share of the market in the last 10 years. It has become the de facto standard for ITSM solutions.
Cloudify is an open source software product distributed by GigaSpaces, and is an industry leading application lifecycle automation tool.
Integrating Application Automation with ITSM
- Auto open an incident if an application deployment or upgrade errors out
- Auto update the CMDB upon successful application deployment, upgrade, scale up/down or tear down
- Auto open/close a change request upon successful deployment of an application
- Accommodate customer-specific policies for application mapping and CMDB
- Specific CMDB governance policies
- Incident Management assignment rules
- Specific CMDB application mapping requirements
- Diagnostic information passed to an incident on auto open
The Difference Between Application Orchestration and Operations Orchestration
Choosing the wrong tool to solve your business problem will result in a very long, expensive implementation.
Zefflin's focus is exclusively on Data Center Automation and Cloud Management solutions implementation and integration. As a world-class, agile, center of excellence, our aim is to work with best of breed software, combined with the industry's best technical consulting and integration talent. We cut through the hype, identifying which tools can be implemented and integrated to effectively automate application development and IT operations. We offer high quality, cost effective solutions addressing the automation of the entire lifecycle of complex computing environments, from request/catalog management, automated provisioning (OS, application, database, storage, network), to policy governance and compliance.
Our vision is to bring to market consulting/software solutions that enable the lights-out data center. This will allow our customers to implement fully automated, private, public and hybrid cloud systems, delivering low cost, high quality services to their customers while minimizing personnel cost.